Sector: Social Services
Client Type: Non-Government Organisation (NGO)
An established social services agency sought to increase its reach, viability and effectiveness. A key funder had created a programme to fund capability mentors to increase the capability of its service providers.
Hague delivered the following key elements of value to the client:
- Worked with the client to develop a funding proposal for capability improvement funding
- Setup the organisation to continue the work and to measure its effectiveness
- Developing an understanding of the core values and culture of the organisation
- Working from a strengths-based approach that values and builds on internal ideas and resources
- Running workshops that used both creativity and reflection to break through established positions and views.
- De-constructing elements of capability to assess strengths and key gaps.
- Involving several hundred staff in a ground up strategy building exercise to demonstrate authenticity.
- Targeting all levels of the organisation with a range of key tasks to ensure widespread participation.
- Using evidence-based models wherever possible to achieve credibility.
- Confronting issues honestly while supporting people individually.
- Achieving both top leadership support and high levels of ground-level engagement
High levels of engagement and low levels of resistance have been witnessed and reported by staff and management. The organisation has improved its capability to deliver effective social services.